Deliberate Deodorant

Fresh and clean, without chemicals. There’s been research that shows some deodorants and antiperspirants have been found in breast tumors. You shouldn’t have to choose between B.O. and your health, and here’s why!

Consumer Friendly

We are dedicated to using only natural ingredients that are certified vegan AND safe. That means no aluminum, paraben, silicone or sulfates, and products that are never tested on animals.

Here’s what ARE in these cute deodorant sticks:

Baking soda: neutralizes odor causing bacteria.

Coconut oil: eliminates bacteria, keeps you fresh and smooth.

Tapioca starch: absorbs moisture to keep you fresh

Jojobaester: iodine helps fight bacteria and fungi

Scents: all made with cold pressed essential oils instead of artificial fragrance.

Castor oil: ultra hydrating, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.

Shea butter: moisturizes and nourishes dry skin, soothes irritation.

Silica: absorbent powder to keep underarms dry.

Silica vs. Silicone

Silica is found naturally in the form of Quartz. It’s also found in a diverse range of living organisms, and it’s one of the main sediments of sand. 

Silicone is a synthetic polymer. For the most part, the FDA deems silicone safe for food-grade applications and products. But, according to “Life Without Plastics,” their research and peer-reviewed scientific studies found --- you should be cautious about silicone.

In the study, it reports silicones CAN leech synthetic chemicals at low levels, and the risk is increased with fatty substances such as oils. Another study found silicone was released from bakeware where there was fat from food. 

And according to a 2005 report by the Danish Ministry of the Environment, it found animals exposed to silicone caused impaired fertility, and had potential carcinogenicity. The EU considers certain silicone to be endocrine disruptors.

Planet Friendly

The packaging is biodegradable, and it can be recycled. It is made from 99.98% FSC certified responsibly sourced paper. The remaining 0.02% is a super thin membrane made from cornstarch and is biodegradable. Papr only uses soy inks to print on their packaging.